We had a pretty lousy night again, Omar woke up around 5am screaming and crying, he must’ve had a bad dream. It went on for an hour or so and woke up some of the people in the house. He did manage to fall asleep again for an hour before waking up for the day. I think he was over heated as he felt hot and had a rash. I gave him a cool shower and he was better after that. We then headed to the beach. As it was early it was deserted. We rented a couple of chairs and umbrellas, and the kids were loving the water. Both boys are fearless and kept going in the ocean and then the waves would knock them over. They thought it was so funny! The beach is with a lot of stones and pebbles, not white and soft with shells. Omar really liked it though, he kept collecting the stones and there were some really pretty ones there. He cried a lot when we had to leave but he was very tired and hungry. He cried all the way back to the house, and went straight to sleep when we got there. There is a huge market further down and I really want to go check it out. Hopefully it will be there again sometime this week. It is very hard to find fresh fruits and vegetables and even meat in the stores. Some of the girls went out looking for a big supermarket. I hope they find one so maybe we can do some grilling tonight!1.06am They did manage to find a regular supermarket and we got to eat some fresh food
tonight. I got the grill ready and the others got the meat marinated and so forth. The grilling area is nice, it is all stone, I really enjoyed grilling on there and the food came out perfect. Omar and I were so hungry. We both haven’t eaten much since we got to Spain, the food hasn’t been very good. We spend most of the afternoon in the pool, Omar practiced swimming back and forth for so long his hands looked liked dried prunes. He is getting better and better and he is loving it. After dinner he had a long bath, I was trying to get the last remnants of sand off of him and to soak the blisters on his feet he had gotten from the friction of the sand in his pool shoes. He stayed up for quite a while, it took me a good hour to get him to sleep, it is just so hot in the house. We then all got together and took out our pictures from 1996 and had a good laugh. It was really so much fun looking back and sharing memories. Tomorrow we are going to see if the market is there again, and after that we don’t really have any plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment