Wednesday, July 25, 2007

On our way to Amsterdam

July 24, 9.23pm
Well, we are on our way to Amsterdam, it is 9.24pm. Omar only slept 45 minutes throughout the whole day which is really unusual for him. I took him to the doctor before we left because he has been having diarrhea for 5 days now. They said it should clear on its own. I thought for sure he would nap in the car, but he didn’t. He was a wreck by the time we got to the airport. I was so relieved Ramy parked and came in to help with the luggage and Omar. The security line was huge but also thanks to Ramy he had given us his miles and we got to fly world business class, that meant we got to skip the security line!
All went well, Omar fussed and fussed though, until I got us dinner, he cried hysterically for about two minutes until he tasted the food, and then he was happy. I took my time with Omar so we were about the last to board. As we had good seats I wasn’t worried about it. We got an isle seat but I really wanted a window seat as Omar was on my lap. I asked to move, and then they moved us to a row where Omar got his own seat! This is my first time flying first class, and let me tell you, it is awesome. We get almost anything we want, the seats recline completely to a bed, and it gives massage. We have so much room, we had a three course meal which was delicious. (Airplane food that is delicious can you believe it?)
We also have an extensive tv menu, with a gazillion movies, tv shows, kids shows, games etc.
Right now I am lounging in my seat with the massage on and Omar is hanging out in his seat, playing with everything and nothing. I am so incredibly tired though and want to go to sleep but it seems Omar is completely wired and the darker it gets the more rambunctious he gets.
Well, I am going to try to get him to settle, so will write more when we actually get to Amsterdam.

July 25, (6.11pm local time)
We made it to Amsterdam safely. We arrived a bit earlier, Omar didn’t fall asleep until an hour before the plane landed. The stewardesses were really nice and I sat and waited in the plane for my stroller to come so I could get Omar in it while he was still sleeping. Even though I was the last one to leave the plane, we got through security and picked up our luggage within 5 minutes. My dad hadn’t even gotten there yet, so I went to the cafĂ© and got a cup of tea. Omar woke up when we went outside to the car as it is cold here! Brrr. Pants weather. He fell asleep on the way to my grandmother where I put him in her bed, and we all had breakfast. It was really nice but I was so tired as I only slept 1 hour. On the way to my brother’s house Omar and I both fell asleep and had about an hour nap. When Omar woke up he was very excited to see everyone and of course never went back to sleep. In all he has had 6 hours of sleep in two days. I am typing this from the car as Omar fell asleep on the way back from the supermarket. I hope he will wake up for dinner and then go straight to bed.
It is really nice to be back in Holland, I have not eaten much since we’ve been here but I did manage to have a couple of incredibly good cookies! I am not sure what we are doing the remainder two days before we go to Spain as I am too tired to think of it now, but will keep you updated! All I really want right now is to go to bed.

July 26
Omar is really having a hard time adjusting to the new time, he woke up after his nap in the car and didn't go back to sleep until 2am! As you can imagine, I am still very tired, Omar seems to be fine though, too much going on for him. We had a quiet day. Went into town for a bit, got some beach toys for Spain and we went out to eat. Afterwards we went to see the deer. Omar loved it, he got to feed them bread and they nibbled on his fingers which he thought was hilarious. Although it was raining, he didn't seem to care. The weather is quite cold, no shorts, and it rains a lot too. I hope the weather is nicer in Spain.

1 comment:

Laura F. said...

I really, really hope you have gotten some sleep since your post!!! It sounds like you must be utterly exhausted.