Last night I took Omar to the Wiggles concert in Baltimore. I had gotten two tickets months before and after getting back from Holland I kind of had forgotten about it. The concert started at 6.30pm, we left the house around 4.30pm so we would have enough time for traffic and parking. There was a lot of traffic in the city as there was an Orioles game at the same time, but we managed to get there early enough. Omar was really excited every time I mentioned the Wiggles but I don't think he really understood where we were going. That all changed when we walked into the arena and he saw the stage. The arena was pretty small which was great as everyone had a good view that way. There were two large screens on each side that were playing the Wiggles movie. The guy showed us our seats which were really close to the stage. Omar didn't want to sit of course, he ran all the way up to the stage and was so excited! He kept yelling for the Wiggles. They had the guitars there and the Wiggles house and Dorothy's hot air balloon. I tried to let him sit on stage for a picture but it was not allowed. We then went to look at the merchandise and Omar picked out a t-shirt and a wand with the big red car on it. He also got a Captain Feathersword hat. He put the shirt on immediately and was waving the wand to everyone. We had about 30 minutes left before the concert started so we just walked around the stage area and made some pictures. Omar was super excited!When the concert started the dancers came out first, and then one by one the Wiggles. Omar clapped like crazy and had the biggest smile on his face. He sang and danced to all the songs and did all the moves. Half way through the concert, I moved to the beginning of the stage as there were some empty seats and Omar had an even better view then.
I spotted the Popples in the audience and they came down and sat with us. Omar and Ella were really excited to see each other and had fun dancing together.
I spotted the Popples in the audience and they came down and sat with us. Omar and Ella were really excited to see each other and had fun dancing together.
At the last song Omar and I walked up to stage and danced to the last song. The Wiggles and the rest of the gang came by to wave hello and shake hands and Sam said hi to us and Captain Feathersword shook Omar's hand. I think that must have been the high light of the evening!
Omar was wide awake after that, so I tried to go into the harbor for a bite to eat but as it was Friday night there was no parking so I gave up on the idea and went home.
When Omar woke up this morning all he could talk about was the Wiggles. I am so happy he liked it!
No comments:
Post a Comment