We are on our way to Detroit right now. We had to leave the house at 5am to go to the airport. Omar had a real fun day yesterday, we took him to this very big play area with an air mattress, tons of slides and climbing things and sprinklers. He had a blast! Then I went into town for a little bit to get him some Dutch dvd’s and cd’s. Omar stayed with Aunt Vera at the play area and when I got back there they were just leaving. It was my first time riding a bike in at least 10 years and it was fun! Omar got to sit in a front seat on the steering wheel. He cried at first but when we started going he loved it. After that we had lunch and drove to my dads house. We were havin
g dinner there and sleeping over as we had to leave so early. My dad took us to a pancake house in the woods with a huge play area and a petting zoo. Omar was so happy! He ate really well and had a really good time. There was a really creepy guy there, and when Omar, my brother and I went into the play area I noticed he was taking pictures of Omar. I told my brother and we watched him for a bit, then I really started freaking out as he was following us. My brother went over to him and he was trying to hide his camera. We then left the area and went to sit down to eat. He kept looking over at us and I got more upset. When he finished eating he went into the play area and started making pictures of the kids there. He tried to make more pictures of Omar so I went and complained at the restaurant about him. Another lady had alreadycomplained as well. Omar was walking back into the play area and as soon as the guy saw him he tried to make more pictures, then my sister in law went over to him and had a long conversation with him. He stopped bothering us after that but it totally creeped us out. I wanted to take his camera and look at the pictures and delete them all. You can never be too careful that is for sure!
Omar ate a lot and had so many snacks and juice that he usually doesn’t get. We got home and he had a nice long shower. When I was putting him to bed all of a sudden he threw up, it was a huge projectile and as it was going up in the air it landed on top of his head and all over his face. I didn’t know what to do, so I just held him until he was finished. We were both covered and the bed too, I felt really bad, for him and for my dad’s bed. I stuck him back in the shower and cleaned him up, then my dads wife was really nice and helped me get out of my puky clothes while holding a crying Omar. It was really disgusting.When I woke him at 5am he cried so much it was unbelievable, he kept asking to go back to bed so he made me feel so guilty. We even had to pull over because it was getting unbearable. Luckily he was fine at the airport, we got to go check in at first class which was so easy, then at security I was in the back of the line and a woman came up to me and escorted me to the front, so we were through in two minutes. This flight is even nicer than the first one, the seats are really nice. Omar has his own seat again and I reclined it to a bed and he slept for two hours.
While he slept I got served an incredible breakfast. I am really enjoying this experience. I know I will probably never fly first class again in my life but it is a memory I will not forget. Omar is watching baby einstein right now on his private monitor with head phones on as they have kids movies. I am just sitting here relaxing and writing about our trip. We will arrive in Detroit in six hours and then we have a two hour wait before we head back to DC. Omar knows we are going to see daddy so he is really excited. I think that is it for now. The two weeks have flown by, I can’t believe I will be back in the US today. I miss Holland already and already looking forward to our next trip back.
1 comment:
Welcome back!!! I haven't gotten the chance to read through all your posts yet, but the pictures look great. We look forward to seeing you guys on Monday!
Post a Comment