Yesterday we had play group at Staley Park. Omar and I discovered this park while looking for the YMCA to take some classes. Initially I didnt think this would be a good place for Omar to play at as it was more for bigger kids, but after returning to the Y again with Margaret and Bethany we decided to check out the park. And boy do we love it! It has two sections, one for older kids and one for kids Omar's age! And it is fenced in so he can't go anywhere. They have 6 swings, two big sandboxes and a big play set with three slides a tunnel and a climbing thing and some other stuff. As I am the over protective mom, I did let Omar roam by himself and let him figure out how to do things on his own.
least 20 times before deciding other things were fun too.As Omar is still not feeling well, he was up the night before until 5am crying and thus slept very little. I was determined to take him to the park so he could get some fresh air, it was very hard getting us out of the house while he cried non stop, but when we were in the car and I told him where we were going and who we were meeting he got pretty excited! Right before we got to the park he fell asleep in the car, and he slept for the first 30 minutes at the park on my shoulder but when he did finally wake up he was very happy to see Grayson and Griffin. I am so glad we were able to go because Omar had so much fun! He then took a three hour nap after lunch which was wonderful! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment