Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Omar's 18 month check up

Today was Omar's 18 month check up. We were rushing to get there and we fell down the stairs! Luckily I took the fall and Omar is okay, and it also was a good thing we were on the way to the doctor's so they could check him out.
The doctor said he is doing great, he is advanced for his age which in turn made me feel very proud! He weighs 27 lbs and is 35 inches long, so he gained a pound and a half and grew an inch and a half. He is 95% for height and 75% for weight.
We had to fill out these questions on his development and I was surprised how far I got on them. I like filling out and reading the questions and see what else they'll be learning over the next couple of months.
The doctor tried to give me some more suggestions on his sleeping issues including this sleeping facility that she thought might be an option. I am not sure about that though.
She asked if he says more than 15 words, he says about a 100 right now, in three languages.
She said Omar is turning out to be a very interesting young man, of course any mom likes to hear that! :)
No shots today, but he will get some on his two year visit. Now we need to go get his blood work done, which I have been postponing from when he turned 12 months old. I know, BAD MOMMY haha

No comments: