Today we went to see Melissa's new baby, Ethan, who was born only yesterday. I got to hold him and he is so tiny! I can't even remember Omar being that small! Here are some pics of Omar just born and now at 18 months.
Last week Omar had gotten a new car from his birthday money, we decided on getting him a
car after going back and forth on it for a long time. I wasn't sure if he was ready to have a car and if it was really necessary. Our neighbors have a big Jeep which their kids drive in every day, as Omar is out every day too he sees them in it, and he wants to ride it so bad. Well, we took a trip to the toy store a couple of times and looked at the different cars. I did finally pick one after our fourth trip (yes fourth) thinking it would be a great little car for him. It took a while to put together as Omar was so excited he totally sabotaged the whole thing, but when we got outside we discovered Omar was too big for the car! I was so mad, as it was for kids up to age three and the guy at the store really talked me into this stupid car. The next day I took it apart again (during Omar's naptime) and brought it back. We exchanged it for the bigger Jeep which is for kids age 2-6. I was really worried about it going so fast and it being so big, but we got it anyway.Luckily this one was already assembled so when we got home Omar could drive it right away.
He didn't though, he was scared! We asked the neighbors son who is three to come drive it for him which he did and Omar loved it then. Now he is in it every single day, and he has figured it out, he knows how to reverse, forward etc. He is not so good with paying attention to where he is going, he likes ramming the neighbors mailbox. (0ops) He also likes to ride in circles, and every time he passes me he waves, it's so cute!

2 comments:
You have such an adorable little guy :). You cant say no to those eyes :)
Wow, Omar looks very different now than he did as a baby!!
BTW, Grayson loves looking at your blog and saying "Mo-mar" over and over again. :-)
Post a Comment