Thursday, November 8, 2007

Where do I begin?

Well, it has been about two months since I last posted. It is not that I didn't have anything to write, I just didn't have the time to sit down and do this. Believe me, there were many times I thought about updating the blog. I have time to sit down now as Omar fell asleep in his little chair waiting for the cookies we were baking. As it is only 7.30pm I am having a lucky break!

For the family overseas that has been asking about Omar, I will try to go back as far as I can remember...

About a month ago, I had to put all of Omar's outfits away as he outgrew everything. I was not prepared for this as I thought he would wear his 2t's through to next spring. Luckily we had gotten a lot of 3t clothes for his first birthday which was perfect. Besides him growing in length, his feet have been growing like crazy as well, I've had a hard time keeping up with finding shoes that fit him for longer than 4 weeks. Throughout the summer we have gone through 5 pairs of shoes, which two of them he never even got to wear! Same with his socks.

Now that Omar is approaching age two, his personality is
really coming out. He is a very kind hearted child. I really enjoy my time with him and he always seems to amaze me with the things he does. Our favorite time together for me is when we go to the book store where they have a train table set up for the kids to play. We usually go there and play for about half an hour, then walk to the cafe and share a cookie and a drink while reading a book together. he loves reading books and I love that we are able to do this together!

The other thing that he is really into is counting. Everything has to be counted, and I mean everything! He also loves to color and play with clay.

It is getting harder to hide simple things from him as he seems to remember everything, including where I hid things a long time ago. He also recognizes where we are going, there is no sitting in the car for a few minutes while parked in front of the toy store. We need to get in there pronto!
Or when I go through the drive thru for a drink, he wants chicken and juice. I also can't tell him we are going for a cookie and then make a detour, he makes me feel guilty when he asks me where did the cookie go? with a sad face.
Omar is full of surprises, and I love it, he makes life fun!

Last week we went to the pumpkin patch with some friends and Omar had a blast. There was a big moon bounce kind of thing that he loved to jump on, and there were big slides and mazes. There was also a pit filled with corn that all the kids loved to play in. We also took a hay ride which was a lot of fun. On the way home I noticed a little bump on his cheek and thought he had just scratched himself out there, but the next morning it was all swollen and the inside of his nose (which also had gotten scratched) started to get infected. I kept it as clean as possible, but the day after that his cheek was all pussy and so was his nose. We took a trip to the doctor and he gave us some antibiotics to put in his nose and because Omar had scratched open the puss ball on his cheek on the way over, the doctor told us to just put neosporin on it twice a day.
His nose got better, but his cheek didn't. We wound up going back to the doctor a couple of days later as the little dot had gotten over an inch big! Now he is also on penicillin and that seems to be helping. Poor kid, it is always something!

This past Friday we drove down to Fredericksburg to pick up a train table a woman was selling down there. I didn't realize it was one and a half hours away. Train tables are very expensive and this woman was selling it for almost nothing! I decided to go at Omar's nap time so he would sleep on the way down. It took us a lot longer due to Friday traffic, but Omar did great, he had woken up and was excited about the 'choo choo' table. It just barely fit in the car, I had to put all the seats down and Omar was squished on one side, he didn't mind though, he was already loving the table! Fredericksburg is a very nice town, we stopped for lunch and I let him play for about an hour before heading back. We got in some huge traffic and we stopped again half way at a mall so Omar could stretch his legs. The end result is that we didn't get home until 8.30pm while we had left the house at 11.30am. It was a crazy day which was spent mostly in the car but the trip was well worth it as Omar hasn't stopped playing with his trains since we got the table.

Omar enjoys playing with his friends a lot. He loves hanging
out with Ella, I think he thinks she's his girl friend or something. He really misses her now as she is out of town for a month. He has also made some new friends, a german boy named Daniel who is one month younger than him and another boy named Aiden who is a couple of months younger than him. He has a bigger social life than me!


















I have also been busy trying to organize his birthday. It has been a lot of work but I am really excited about it. We will have a kids party during the day and then in the evening we will have all friends and family come visit. It will be a crazy day but I think also lots of fun!
It will be Omar's last birthday in this house which makes me sad thinking about it.
Tomorrow I am taking him to see the Wiggles again in Washington DC. It will be an early birthday gift. I told him we are going and he is very excited. He even got his Wiggles t-shirt out today!
I am also very excited, as I can't wait to see his face when we enter the arena. This time I will bring my camera. We are also bringing roses for Dorothy the dinosaur as the singers come through the crowd to collect them. Hopefully I will be able to make some good pictures. We got front row seats so it should be awesome!
To add on real quick, we had to take Omar's friend Ella to the airport last week. I told him we were going to the airport to drop off Ella. Omar got really excited and said Opa, Willy airplane? He thought we were flying to Holland to see my dad and his wife. Awww

1 comment:

Laura F. said...

I am really jealous of the picture of Omar, Bethany, and Griffin. That was when I couldn't get Grayson off the giant moonbounce. Ugh!!

Grayson is starting to wear 3T stuff as well. I wasn't prepared AT ALL. I fully expected his 2T's to carry us through as well. I've been shopping a good bit now to get his wardrobe up to par.