That's right, Omar turned two today! I am not sure if he fully understands what that means, but he had a great time opening his gifts when he woke up. I think he enjoyed ripping the paper off the most.His grand ma and grand pa, uncle Jeffrey and his great grand mother called to congratulate him.
It is funny, I was thinking about it last night around 10.30pm, that exactly two years ago at this time I was in labor and waiting for those last two centimeters so I could push. I wanted Omar to come before midnight but it didn't happen. Omar came when he was ready, the next morning, on the 17th. It was nice reminiscing with Ramy about it, and how fast time has gone by..
Omar's birthday party began at 3pm. All of his little friends were invited for a Wiggly good time. I think they did have a good time, we had a moon bounce in the dining room that also had a ball pit in it. The kids loved it! They colored and played with clay, and also played with toys and stuff. Towards the end we had a pinata and Omar really liked that one. He wanted to pull all the strings at the same time.
The last people left around 6pm and then it was rushing to get the place cleaned up for the next party which started at 7pm.
Omar was so tired, he just sat on his little chair and watched his new Wiggles DVD while I vacuumed and cleaned. The second party was also fun. It was mainly adults, so it was nice to catch up a bit. I didn't get the chance to chat a lot though or make pictures as I was running around like crazy. I even forgot to make a picture of the cake which I am so sad about.
Omar was very tired, he really wanted to go to sleep around 9pm and he was out in less than 5 minutes. 

Tomorrow he gets to open all of his presents, I am going to video tape it this time, it is so much fun seeing him tear up the paper!
Ramy leaves for Egypt on Monday, I know that will be hard on Omar, so we will see how he does. Omar is also getting his new bed delivered on Tuesday. I am very excited yet nervous. It is a bunk bed. He will sleep on the lower bed of course, until he is old enough to sleep on the top bed.
I hope he likes the bed well enough so that he will actually sleep in it, and maybe for the whole night as well. He is the one that picked it out, so fingers crossed!
No comments:
Post a Comment