Well, so far so good. Omar has been in his own bed for a week and a half now. He is taking his nap very well but the nights are still a bit rough. He is waking up 5 times again. Every two hours. It took us a year and a half to go from 5 times at night to 2-3 times at night and now we are back to square one.
Needless to say, we are both exhausted. Omar barely makes it to 10.30am before going for his nap which means he has a very hard time making it through to the night having a nap that early. (If it was up to him he would be down for his nap at 9am!)
At some of the awakenings I just give up and fall asleep with him in his bed, then waking up two hours later with Omar's foot in my nose and a bad back ache before returning back to my bed for a minute and him waking up again.
I honestly need to contact that sleep specialist as the sleepless nights are definitely taking a toll on my sanity. I feel like I am living at Starbucks these days, or at least, at their drive through, and the coffee doesn't seem to be working anymore at this point as I almost fell asleep behind the wheel coming back from the airport yesterday!
I am going to give it one more week, until next Friday, and if things don't improve, I might have to start a different approach.
Don't get me wrong, I love that Omar is in his own room, and I am so proud of him for sticking with it, but we all need to get a good nights rest!
I can't imagine having another baby right now with the amount of sleep we are getting, as this reminds me of Omar being a new born and waking up every two hours to eat.
I could see it now, one hour Omar would wake, the next hour the baby. It would be a very unpleasant time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay!! We need another update. How are things going with the bed??
Post a Comment