The clippers came out and Omar went into hysterics. Then he stopped crying, got out his little chair, picked up the clippers and told me to sit down and he would cut my hair. It was quite cute but it wasn't going to work!
I told him that if he was to sit down he would get a bowl of m&m's. He threw another major fit and then realized he was never going to get those m&m's without getting his hair cut.
So he came and got me and told me he was ready. He sat down on his little chair, held the bowl of m&m's and I started cutting. Not a single cry, a bit of complaining and twitching around but that
was it, he even offered me some m&m's! Now why didn't I think of candy bribary before? Besides the whole bribe part I am super proud of him for not crying, it's like a whole new milestone for me!
I told him that if he was to sit down he would get a bowl of m&m's. He threw another major fit and then realized he was never going to get those m&m's without getting his hair cut.
So he came and got me and told me he was ready. He sat down on his little chair, held the bowl of m&m's and I started cutting. Not a single cry, a bit of complaining and twitching around but that
His best little friend from Germany, Sami, is back in town for three weeks. We met up with him at the club the other day, and Omar was super excited to see him and played with him for hours. The last time he was here was back in May. The great thing about Sami being here at this time is that he is able to attend Omar's birthday which is on the 17th of November and we are able to attend Sami's which is on the 28th of November.
Omar is super excited about his birthday. Yesterday we went out to a little french bakery and he picked out his birthday cake. Of course it has a huge train on it! Then we went to the toy store to get his birthday present. Normally I would go out and get it while Omar is at home with Ramy but things are a bit different here so I had to take him along. What a nightmare! Shopping for a kid that is with you is not a very good idea.
All Omar is talking about is his birthday, his train cake, the party and the presents. It must be so hard for him to wait!
All Omar is talking about is his birthday, his train cake, the party and the presents. It must be so hard for him to wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment