We were there for about 4 hours. Exhausted and happy Omar fell asleep on the way home. He didn't open his presents until the next morning.
Then on his actual birthday, we didn't do much, had birthday lunch, got calls and emails from family and friends and had birthday cake.
While I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready, Omar was climbing all over the couch in the living room being all silly, when all of a sudden I heard a huge bang followed by loud screaming. Right then I knew it was bad, I came flying out of the kitchen and saw Omar had fallen off the back of the couch flat on his face on the marble floor. Blood was everywhere and I tried to stay as calm as possible but after I looked at his face I knew he needed to be taken to the hospital. I called Ramy who came right away and we hopped into a taxi. Traffic was terrible that time of day and it took us a good thirty minutes. Luckily Omar's face stopped bleeding but it was extremely swollen. At the ER we were seen right away, and the good news is that nothing was broken and no teeth were loose. We got some medicine for the swelling and we were on our way back home.
But during the time I was in the kitchen I was starting to feel ill, and it got worse and worse. Back home I realized it must've been something I had eaten that day.
The next morning Omar was sick too, it looks we got food poisoning from the lunch we ordered on his birthday. What a mess! Poor Omar!
Now for some good news, Ramy met with the realtor, and signed the contract, so we are moving on December 1! Will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment