Sunday, January 20, 2008

Never a boring moment

I am not sure where to start. We've been kind of busy with little things here and there.

I have been enjoying my time with Omar very much, not so much the terrible two part, which is also interesting, not to say the least.

Omar is really into 'projects' at the moment, so we make beautiful pictures or paintings, or build towers with blocks, weird creatures with play do, or some other stuff like imitating a story from Thomas the train on his train table. What I also really enjoy is when Omar reads me story books instead of vice versa. He has a good memory and tells me pretty accurately.

The other day he really surprised me when we came out of the supermarket at night and while I was loading the car, he looked up at the sky and said 'look, the moon.' I was like, yeah, the moon. Then he said 'how did it get up there?' It totally surprised me, so I turned around and said what? He repeated himself and I just didn't have a response to it. I was not expecting the question at all.

Omar is growing up so fast, I was just looking at his baby pictures that same morning and now he is already two and talking up a storm!

We also had a lot of snow a couple of days ago, Omar loved it, we played outside for a long time, and made a big snowman. We did eventually have to go in because he got really cold. The next day it had all pretty much melted but I am sure we will have more snow days for him to enjoy! I need to get him a little more prepared as the snow pants from last year are way too small.


No comments: