That's right! Omar is finally sleeping at night!
This is really strange for me as we have been getting up 3-5 times every single night for the past two years.
It was rough for the first 3 days, a lot of crying, kicking, hitting, screaming. All things I am not used to from him. He has never hit or kicked me before and all of a sudden he intentionally is trying to hurt me.
But after day three it got a little better, no more kicking and hitting, he would hug me again, then the crying stopped.
The past three nights have been so much better, and last night he slept through the night! He has only done that twice in his whole life when he was a little baby.
I did wake up like 5 times listening, looking at the clock, wondering if he was alive ha ha
The only problem is that he hates going to bed now.
Before he would ask to go to bed, he loved going to sleep. Now we are up reading books until 9 or 9.30pm, the door has to stay open and he has gotten scared in the dark! I had to pull out a night light.
This was pretty hard on both of us, but I think it was for the best.
The hardest part for me was that I could tell Omar thought I stopped loving him, or was rejecting him. And in turn it hurt my feelings that instead of letting me comfort him at night he would push me away and hit and kick me.
I am so glad we passed this stage and he is his own loving self again. It was tearing out my heart.
The new year is starting out pretty good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment