We have been hit by another heat wave. Yesterday we had a high of 106 degrees. It was absolutely scorching hot!
I tried getting a taxi with air conditioning but no luck.
Omar got really hot in the taxi, he was passing out which totally freaked me out. Ramy and I have been in disagreement over taking Omar into the hot weather. He claims thousands of kids go in the hot weather each day and it is no big deal.
But I think yesterday’s taxi ride may have changed his mind as Omar was really affected by the heat. I honestly think he was close to a heat stroke. It was a scary experience. He was really out of it for the rest of the day and didn’t really become his old self until he had a nice cool bath.
Today we are going to the Mickey Mouse show, luckily it is very close to the house so the ride shouldn’t be bad.
After yesterdays experience I am really starting to hate this place. I miss the convenience of my car, the central air conditioning of our previous home and the fresh air.
Now more than ever I want to move to our own place. For my son’s sake we need to live closer to the things we do everyday.
Heat wave come to an end!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment